Are you interested in volunteering at the Needy Fund? Our volunteer program offers opportunities for people to give their time or talent to an organization dedicated to strengthening our Cape and Islands community! We welcome those with varying experience and skill sets. Our volunteer opportunities include manning a booth at events and office work. Please note that most volunteer tasks will be completed at our Hyannis office. Volunteers must be comfortable handling confidential information.
- Our volunteer opportunities include manning a booth at events and office work
- Basic office tasks such as mailings, data entry, scanning/photocopying, filing
- Translating tasks – assisting ESOL clients through the application process (translation especially needed in: Haitian Creole, Portuguese/Brazilian Portuguese, Spanish, and Eastern European languages)
- Community outreach: assisting with events, including setup and managing information booths; fundraising events or other
- Specific areas of expertise including: web design, social work, PR, nonprofit management, DEI, fundraising, or other
- Special projects for one-time assistance: Occasionally we have special projects in our office that need specific skills sets (e.g., electrician, painter, ergonomics, graphic designer, business consultant, photographer/videographer)
Enjoy a happy, professional environment with dedicated Needy Fund staff!
Come away with the good feeling of helping in your community, and making a difference!
Have a chance to work on flexible projects that fit your schedule
Be engaged in the community
Share your skills and expertise to help us meet our mission!
- The Needy Fund is looking for a couple of people who can volunteer 8-15 hours per month on a regular but flexible schedule.
- We would like a minimum of a 6-month commitment!
To apply to volunteer with us, please fill out the volunteer application below. We will get back to you as soon as possible!